Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Homemade Pizza

I haven't posted in toooo long! I've been settling back into the college life, and haven't had much time for anything other than homework (unfortunately). Though I won't be able to cook much here at school, I took plenty of pictures over the summer so that I can keep posting! For one of the last dinners that I cooked home, I made "semi-homemade" pizza. Instead of using store bought dough, or creating dough from scratch, I buy a round of dough from my favorite pizzeria. It only costs a few dollars, and I save myself quite a bit of time [if I were to make it from scratch]. For this pizza, I used pesto for the sauce, then topped it with fresh mozz and thinly sliced home-grown tomatoes.





Recipe:
1 round of pizza dough
whatever toppings you like

- coat bake pan (with 1in lip on edges) with olive oil
- pound out dough, making sure to get rid of bubbles
- spread a thin coating of sauce onto dough, and put in preheated 400 degree oven, bake for 10 minutes
- lower oven to 350, and add another layer of sauce, cheese, and topping
- bake for additional 15 - 20 minutes, or until dough is golden brown and sounds hollow when you tap on it

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment